Workflow management definition: it is used to optimize the business processes of your organization through automation. This means it can really benefit your company.
Workflow management software coordinates activities that are a part of the work performed by an organization. 'Workflow' describes a series of tasks that are part of some broader tasks, which is sometimes seen as a synonym for 'business processes'. In the transport and logistics sector, optimizing processes through automation makes work easier for drivers and fleet managers. Software tools are used to monitor the work and automate the parts. A workflow management system is connected to any TMS and telematics system in order to include external inputs in your workflows.
Advantages of workflow management software
Workflow management software provides added value by introducing better communication between fleet managers and drivers, collaboration on shared tasks and increasing visibility of daily operations. From a management perspective, workflow management offers several benefits, many of which are a result of the combination with workflow software.
- Significant cost reduction thanks to the prevention of human mistakes via digital communication. By automating the process, drivers can work faster, allowing them to see, for example, which trucks are empty and can be used for other purposes.
- The possibility to include multiple images, an interactive form, scanned documents/barcodes, and a digital signature ensures faster execution of processes.
- Simplify the complexity of workload without compromising details.
- Engage drivers through a state-of-the-art intuitive user interface.
- Organize & document work and avoid errors.
- Connected to any TMS and telematics system to include external inputs into your workflows.
- Generate clear processes for fleet managers and drivers working for and with you.
- Define operations with an optimized flow that also adapts to unforeseen circumstances.
- Define formats, types, constraints and conditions to precisely meet your goals.
- Thanks to the integration with different back-office software platforms you are completely independent of hardware and software solutions.
- Better results
- Teams can also provide a better service because of the possibility of transferring orders to other drivers.
- Due to reduced variation in the way the work is done.
In combination, these benefits will reduce costs, increase your drivers’ productivity and increase customer satisfaction. These advantages will most likely assist you in achieving your business goals.